Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tuesday of this week was spent designing a website for a friend who, for best reasons left to himself, seems to think it's as complicated as rocket science. It took me the best part of six hours and I used CSS rather than XHTML and linked it to an external sheet. At first, the contents of the page refused to flow correctly until I slipped Explorer into "quirks" mode which did the trick. It now looks beautifully stylish and sleek with everything in the right place and the only two things left to do is upload the files by ftp to the webhost and test the page in either Firefox or Opera - or both. I've no reason to doubt that the pages will work just as efficiently under either. They say that self-praise is no praise but I am pleased with the result. It was an undertaking I am glad to have completed.

No comments: